Marketing Your Classes
MARKETING YOUR CLASSES
^ We use these on every post, feel free to also use them.
For best use of hashtags
1. Make a note in your phone, #hashtags
2. Type 5 period dots, entering a line break after each one
3. Type your first hashtag after that (you can add up to 30)
4. Copy and paste, comment on your own photo with this text
This way, people wont be annoyed with your million hashtags, and instagram will condense them down.
#janeDO #iamjane #artisticathlete #totalbodyworkout #groupfitness #powerwomen #goalgetter #crownyourself #conqueryourdreams #takeaction ETC ETC ETC
#jerseycityfitness for JC centric posts
#hobokenfitness for Hob centric posts
#edgewaterfitness for Edge centric posts
This would just be added to your existing hashtags
Geotag the location that is centric to your posts to create awareness
- Search “Jane Do Jersey City” - add the location
- Search “Jane Do Hoboken” - add the location
- Search “Jane Do Edgewater” - add the location
INSTASTORIES TOO! Add our location on as many stories as possible, when you are actually there at the location
TAG @janedo, yourself, the instructor or whatever else is in it. (I.E. @reebok if your wearing reebok shoes, @athleta if you are wearing athleta.. You never know who will come across your post and repost! )
*You can mention @janedo in the caption, but also TAG. This is a separate action. The photo will then show up on that account’s tagged photos, creating a network to find new accounts, and creating more content around the brand & trainers. (YOU!)
Image Editing -
- VSCO (most sophisticated editing app)
- Afterlight (photo editing)
- Facetune (basically photoshop)
- Easy Square (fixing ratios, making rectangles fit in the squares of instagram)
- Snapseed (great filters, can patch out entire objects from a photo)
- Foodie (great filters)
- Filmborn (super sophisticated editing, tone curves and film presets)
- Perfect365 (to edit those blemishes… just sayin)
Video Editing -
- IMGPlay (to make GIFS from photos or videos)
- InShot (to cut multiple clips together, add text, filter, change sizing)
- Lively (to make a live photo into a GIF or video for instagram upload) Boomerang (to create fun content)
- Timelapse (this is already on the iPhone)
- Slomo (this is already on the iPhone)
- Snug (to see what your grid will look like in advance)
- Phonto (you can add text to a photo, good for making little flyers)
- Workout of the day / week / example workout
- Weekly class schedule
- Sub Alerts
- Wearing Jane Do Merchandise
- Photo with a client
- Demonstration of strength / badassery
GENERAL BRAND GUIDELINES
Pantone: Sparkling Cosmo
RGB 212 41 94
USE EMOJIS - people love emojis.
The less copy the better. People love reading lists.
If you are using a font on your photos, think simple! Big, bold, streamlined. We want all of our content to look related and cohesive as possible!
Don’t use the instagram filters on your photos. In general they are not good & can often make a photo look worse ( A good rule of thumb: in the instagram editing suite, up the brightness about 5-10, contrast about 3-5, and sharpen 5-10 )
The instagram algorithm really messes with your overall engagement. In order to be pushed to the top of people’s timelines, you must receive a good engagement within 30 mins of posting the photo. Post during times when people are off work / on lunch break / more likely to be on social media.
HAVE CONTENT YOU THINK WE SHOULD FEATURE ON SOCIAL?
Email to Social@janedo.com
QUESTIONS ABOUT DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY STUFF?