After a recent trip to Malibu (we're so fancy), we fueled up post-workout at SunLife Organics. We couldn't bring ourselves to splurge on the BILLION DOLLAR SMOOTHIE for $28, we're way too economical. We opted for the less expensive MILLION DOLLAR SMOOTHIE at $17. You read that correctly, $17 doll-hairs for ONE smoothie. WTF. We had to figure a way to (Jane) DO this on our own.
As many of you know we like to shake things up every morning, sometimes pre-, most often post-workout. Smoothies are an efficient way to meet your caloric needs without a ton of hassle. They also make it super easy to eat on-the-go.
So here you go. Enjoy what could be every $1 sip.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Hemp Milk (you can substitue coconut, almond or skim milk)
- 1 scoop Organic Plant-based Protein Powder (we like sweet vanilla bean)
- 1 capsule Garden of Life Raw Iron supplement (WTF is that?)
- 1 Tablespoon Cashew Butter (we challenge you to not add more - you can substitute peanut, almond, sunflower butter)
- 1 Teaspoon Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon Maca Powder (not to be confused with Matcha powder)
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey (we use the bear)
- 1 Frozen Banana (no time to freeze, no problem, just add 4 ice cubes)
- 1 Vitamix (this will change your life, seriously)
- 1 hour of your time (jk, although to save time, we like to shake prep all the dry ingredients in a zip lock bag)
We can't promise you that this will be the finest tasting shake you've ever consumed, or even close to it. In fact, Jacey orders these from Dani on an "as needed" basis when she runs out of fruit at home. What we can promise is that it will be cheaper than flying to Malibu and paying for a $17 shake. For Jacey's at-home shake, just combine, any protein powder your boyfriend is using that week, any milk, any nut butter and any piece of fruit you can find. Blend or muddle, enjoy.