By Cristin Van Horn
Summer is (unofficially) here and we want you to make the most of it! Of course you can always hit up the many trails, parks, and beaches that NJ has to offer, but here are some super fun summery things to DO this month that you might not have known about, right here in your neck of the woods. From family friendly events, to grown and sexy, check out some of Jane’s favorite June happenings!
1) Starting June 1 every Saturday of the season, Jersey City is getting its own open-air night bazaar, the Jersey City Night Market in Journal Square. Join locals for food, artisan vendors, artists and musicians, and this event is totally dog and kid friendly. Check it out every Saturday from 4pm-10pm at the PATH PLAZA in Journal Square.
2) Opening day for the Hoboken Farmers Market is June 4th. Join local farmers, vendors, butchers and artisans every Tuesday on Garden Street from 2pm-7:30pm, to pick up your home- grown goods and have your very own farm to table spread. From pickles to pig feet, this market has you covered! (If Farmers Markets are your thing, make sure to check out the one in Fort Lee, Edgewater, and Jersey City Heights, all open in June.)
3) Every Wednesday from June 12th through August, Pier A hosts Hoboken’s Movies Under the Stars. So grab your blanket and lawn chairs, just remember that movies will be canceled if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Here's the lineup:
6/12: Crazy Rich Asians, 6/19: The Greatest Showman - Sing-A-Long Version, 6/27: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, 7/10: Bohemian Rhapsody: Sing-A-Long Version, 7/17: A Star is Born, 7/24: Green Book, 8/7: Mary Poppins Returns, 8/14: Incredibles 2 (Pre-Movie Demo for Children by My Gym Hoboken at 7pm) 8/21: Ralph Breaks the Internet (Pre-Movie Demo for Children by My Gym Hoboken at 7pm)
4) The last Midnight Market at Jersey City’s Harborside, is June 14th. This 21+ foodie nightlife event, is filled with delicious food, happy hour drinks, DJs and dancing from 6:30pm- midnight. Get your tickets on Eventbrite. General admission tickets are only $7, and please leave the fur and human babies at home.
5) Round up your kiddos, your fanny pack, and head to the New Jersey State Fair at the Meadowlands from June 22- July 7. Rides, entertainment, food, and all things family fair fun OH MY!